Electric Car News Zimbabwe

Zimbabwean Legendary Writer Dambudzo Marechera House of Hunger Opening

“I got my things and left. The sun was coming up. I couldn’t think where to go. I wandered towards the beer-hall but stopped at the bottle-store where I bought a beer. There were people scattered along the store’s wide verandah, drinking. I sat beneath the tall msasa tree whose branches scrape the corrugated iron roofs. I was trying not to think about where I was going. I didn’t feel bitter. I was glad things had happened the way they had; I couldn’t have stayed on in that House of Hunger where every morsel of sanity was snatched from you the way some kinds of bird snatch food from the very mouths of babes. And the eyes of that House of Hunger lingered upon you as though some indefinable beast was about to pounce upon you. Of course there was the matter of the girl. But what else could I have done, when Peter flogged her like that day and night? Besides, my intervention had not been as disinterested as I would have liked.”

You can get the book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Don't be surprised to see Mugabe standing next to God vetting people into heaven" Zanu Pf youth leader

"...We want to assure you President Mugabe that as long as you are alive, you are our life President. No other person’s name qualifies...